Tuesday, March 29, 2022

Creative Critical Reflection Idea & Script

Vanity Fair- Director Breaks Down Film Scene

I want my CCR to be based upon the Vanity Fair Videos.


Breakdown of Opening


Script:


Hi! My Name is Daniela Garcia and Welcome to my CCR, 

I will now be taking you through the process of creating my film opening.


REPRESENTATION


While most coming-of-age films set in the early 2000s portray a wealthy, American teenage girl. We are portraying a Hispanic girl growing up in the Middle Class trying to fit into cliche American culture. I am Hispanic which made me perfect for playing the role of our lead. Films like Clueless and Mean Girls are great examples of those that portray the wealthy American blonde that we all know and love. While I love Regina George and Cher Horowitz, their lives aren’t the most attainable. We decided to make it more realistic and portray a normal girl with a normal amount of money and a normal life. 


In most Birthday Scenes in films like Clueless and Mean Girls, the parents are the first people to wake them up and celebrate their day with their daughters, here Berkley wakes up to the sound of her alarm and wakes up alone. Indicating the fact that her parents are already working to be able to provide for their family. (More Realistic right?)


We are also representing the idea that most teenagers aren’t prepared or taught to deal with real-life situations such as this. (I mean I think it is pretty important to teach teenagers how to deal with things like paying their own bills and taxes and more realistic in today's society - dealing with national emergencies alone…)


Through this, we are challenging the typical 2000s coming-of-age representations and conventions of the typical wealthy American Girl with a Middle-Class Hispanic who is just trying to fit in.


DISTRIBUTION AND TARGET AUDIENCE


While I  would love for our project to be submitted and shown at the Venice Film Festival, that is not really the most attainable thing for your couple of 16-year-old girls from Weston Florida.  


So, we came up with the next best thing... Firstly, we're going to be posting this On YouTube, the biggest free platform for creators to showcase their work while also getting views any time of the day.  


In addition to posting it on YouTube,  this will also be distributed through Instagram. Instagram has become a very popular social media platform throughout the years and it has started to evolve into video-sharing and even with videos that are a little bit longer such as our film opening. A lot of small creators and YouTubers who want to share clips of their videos or trailers of films and other things like that have been posted on YouTube and have proven to earn a lot of engagement this way. 


So, through youtube and Instagram we are reaching our target demographic of teenage girls, as we have seen in representation want to make a film that is more realistic and represents a more realistic type of girl.  By posting it on the most popular video-sharing platforms such as Instagram and YouTube now, more teenage girls will be able to see it as the biggest app that is used by the teenage demographic right now, This allows the film opening to be shared and reach even more engagement. 


Our target market mostly consists of teenage girls ages 12 to 17, this is because this opening is highly representative of girls this age that might be going through something like this, especially in this economy…


So in summary, we are going to be making this available on YouTube and Instagram, the most popular video-sharing platforms that are accessible to us right now, which will allow us to reach our target market as they are the biggest video-sharing apps utilized by teenage girls.



IMPROVEMENT & PRODUCTION SKILLS


Throughout this project, I'm mostly focused on the artistic parts such as the animations font picking, and designs of being production logos. This is because I am most familiar and most well versed in these topics, I also expanded and worked on scriptwriting, storyboarding, and filming, 


Normally not areas of my expertise. Although I knew that I was proficient in animation, it took a lot of tries to make something that we all agreed upon as a group. I honestly think I did over 35 drawings and mock-ups of what the animation could look like until we all settled on one thing.  This certainly improved my perseverance….. and my work ethic.


I've learned a lot about utilizing the programs procreate and Adobe Premiere, procreate was honestly my best friend through the creation of the animation. I researched a lot of videos on YouTube and on social media asking for tips and help on how to make my animation more realistic and flow as easily as it possibly can. 


It took countless hours and countless tries for me to finally produce something that we were all happy with but I'm very glad that it took a great amount of time because we are all very very happy with it. 


We also did a lot of research just on the overall aspect of Coming of Age movies specifically set in the 2000s era. We researched films such as Ferris Bueller, clueless, mean girls, and wrote the motivating aspect of each and what led them each to be successful. We took each positive from every movie that way researched and combined them and created something that we all thought could make our film successful. We took the vibes of Clueless and Mean Girls and we also took the font and handwriting aspect of Ferris Bueller’s Day Off. I improved a lot in the way that I conducted research, allowing me to make sure that I looked at every aspect of every film to ensure that we got each part that would make us successful. 


We looked at the aspects such as coloring, fonts, filming Style, etc. 

(Show Doc)


In storyboarding, we also improved how to make a cohesive story that makes sense throughout, making sure that everything was representative of the era, but also made the story flow appropriately.


We also adapted a lot, I had trouble with construction going on in my house and my room was the place that we are going to film, I actually held back Construction in my room for a week so that we could get everything finished and film,  it was honestly worth it though because it allowed us to make sure that everything was done before Spring Break giving us enough time to edit.


We started with an idea that I think we ended with, we rarely manipulated the style that we wanted to go for, the script, or the general idea. Thankfully everything flowed appropriately and allowed us to actually meet our goal and accomplish the vision that we had accurately. 


I'm going to continue the script for the next few questions next post!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Music Marketing

I had shared some info about my music marketing project, so I thought I'd share the full slides presentation! Tears of Jupite...