Friday, February 18, 2022

Exciting Update!

WE GOT PERMISSION TO USE A FAMOUS MUSICIANS SONG!!!!! 


We decided to contact a few singers that had songs that fit the vibe of our movie. We decided to do this very early because I realized that it might take a couple of weeks for some people to see our message. Luckily the artist who made the song we were hoping the most for, was so excited to work with us and responded so quickly. Her name is Gatlin and she wrote and produced the song What If I Love You, this song has been one of my favorites for a while and I am so excited that we are able to use it. I was a bit weary that we were going to get permission due to the fact that the song has over 2 million streams on Spotify alone, but I am glad she was so willing to let use us her song.

According to Gatlin, the song is about getting over a relationship, and trying to act like everything is okay.  “I wanted the production to feel more uplifting pop because even in the situation I was trying to always stay positive to mask the feeling of being rejected.” We felt that this was reminiscent to our protagonist's situation, as she is trying to act like everything is okay on her birthday when she is surrounded by chaos. 

We would use the song while she is getting ready, as if it were playing on her iPod. The song will then stop, while the darkness of the pandemic begins, creating diegetic sound. 

Clip of the song:

This is some of the conversation that I had with her yesterday:



No comments:

Post a Comment

Music Marketing

I had shared some info about my music marketing project, so I thought I'd share the full slides presentation! Tears of Jupite...